Guide to Marijuana Edibles
Edibles are an extremely popular marijuana product and they‘ve come quite a long way since the homemade brownie. There is a wide range of THC and CBD edibles available in diverse strengths, serving sizes, flavors, and textures.
What are the Various Types of Marijuana Edibles?
Edibles are extremely popular cannabis products, and they've come quite a long way since the homemade brownie. There is a wide range of THC and CBD edibles available in various strengths, serving sizes, flavors, and textures. Here are some of the most common types of edibles you'll find at a dispensary.
Types of Edibles:
- Gummies & Chews - Fruit chews and sour gummies containing THC or CBD.
- Chocolates & Backed Goods - Chocolate bars, cookies, macaroons, puffed rice squares--all these confectionary treats can be infused with cannabis.
- Drops & Beverages - Drink straight or stir into your morning coffee or evening tea.
- Candies - THC and CBD candies can include flavorful mints, caramels, espresso bites, and lozenges.
- Capsules & Chewable Tablets - Pills and tablet edibles are flavored by some for their easy method of ingestion.
- Sublinguals - Such fast-acting liquid extracts can be placed directly under your tongue.
How Long Will it Take to Feel the Effects?
Edibles that go through the digestive system can take 30 - 90 minutes to produce an effect. Onset for sublinguals and beverages can be as quick as 15 minutes as these edibles enter the bloodstream directly.
Start Low and Go Slow
The effects of certain edibles aren't always immediately felt. This may lead some to ingest more to stimulate the process--which is often a mistake. The basic principle for consuming edible marijuana is to 'start low and go slow' to achieve a safe and enjoyable experience.