Medical Marijuana Regulations in Pennsylvania
Approved Forms of Medical Marijuana
- Patients and caregivers are subject to a 90-day supply purchase limit.
- Pills, oils, topical forms, gel creams, ointments, and flower for administration through vaporization and neutralization.
- Manufactured edibles are not allowed but other products can be mixed into food or drinks to facilitate ingestion by a patient in a facility or residence.
- Vaporization is allowed, and smoking is prohibited.
Safely and Legally Transporting Medical Marijuana
- Medical marijuana must be secure, sealed, and inaccessible during transport.
- It is not legal to transport medical marijuana in a vehicle unless the medical marijuana is in a reasonably secured, sealed, tamper-evident container and reasonably inaccessible while the vehicle is moving.
- A registered qualifying patient must carry his or her registration card at all times while in possession of marijuana.
Reckless Driving or Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana Is Illegal
It is illegal to operate, navigate, or be in actual physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft or motorboat while under the influence of marijuana. Nothing in Pennsylvania law prevents the arrest or prosecution of a registered qualifying patient for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of marijuana.
Federal Laws on Marijuana
Marijuana remains a Controlled Substance under Federal Law. Thus, its possession and use are currently illegal under Federal Law.
Always seek the advice of your attorney before purchasing, possessing, or using marijuana and regarding the resulting risks and penalties that may be imposed by the Federal government. The information and materials provided to you by Verilife should not be used as a substitute for the information and knowledge that your attorney should provide to you.