Everything You Need to Know About Marijuana Vape Pens
Vape pens are a preferred way for many people to enjoy their cannabis. In this guide, we’ll discuss marijuana vape pens and explain:
- What is a Reusable Vape Pen?
- What Do You Need to Buy to Get Started?
- What Do You Need to Know to Use a Vape Pen?
- Why Choose a Reusable Vape Pen Over a Disposable Pen?
What is a Reusable Vape Pen?
There are two types of vape pens available: disposable vape pens and reusable vape pens. A disposable vape pen comes with the marijuana concentrate already loaded into the pen or vaporizer. You vape until you’ve used all the cannabis, and you dispose of the entire unit. Reusable vape pens typically refer to a power source that heats up either a vape tank that’s loaded with cannabis flower or a vape cartridge that is filled with cannabis concentrate oil.
Want to know more about vaping? Check out our guide, Vaping 101.
What Do You Need to Buy to Get Started?
There are many different tools available to vape, but marijuana vape pens typically refer to a cylindrical device that can be as thin as a cigarette or wide enough to insert some cannabis flower. When shopping for a vape pen, there are two different varieties:
- Draw-Activated Cannabis Vape Pens: For this type of vape, you simply place your mouth on the end of the pen and inhale. There is no on or off switch, and there are no buttons to worry about. While this is the easiest type of vape pen for beginners, it doesn’t have quite as many ways to optimize your vaping experience.
- Push-Button Cannabis Vape Pens: These pens, sometimes referred to as batteries, must be turned on to use them. Typically, they have a button that’s pressed a certain number of times to activate the pen; however, some just require you to hold the button while you inhale. There are also certain types of push-button vape pens that allow you to adjust the voltage of the battery. This lets you customize your cannabis experience, ensuring you get the full flavor and psychoactive effects of your cannabis every time you vape.
As with all cannabis products and tools, knowing what to buy depends on the experience you’re looking for. If you just want to get used to vaping, a draw-activated vape pen is going to be right for you. If you have some marijuana knowledge, a push-button pen can be a great way for you to create the right vaping experience.
Once you’ve decided on the tool you want to use to vape, you need to choose your cannabis. The most common way to vape uses a THC oil cartridge. There are, however, dry flower vaporizer pens that use a small amount of cannabis flower. If you opt for one of these, you may also want a grinder. When choosing any cannabis, review the effects of each strain to know whether it’s right for you.
Want to know other ways to consume cannabis? Read our guide, What Products are Right for Me?.
What Do You Need to Know to Use a Vape Pen?
Once you’ve made it home from your local dispensary, you may be wondering how to get started. If you’ve purchased a cannabis concentrate oil cartridge, you’ll need to open your product and remove the cartridge. There should be a rubber seal over the bottom of the oil cartridge. Remove this and gently screw the cartridge into the battery. It should be snug but not too tight. Then, remove the cap from the top of the cartridge where you inhale. Once you’ve inserted the cartridge, turn on your pen if you’ve chosen a push-button vape pen. If your vape pen has a voltage meter, you’ll want to ensure it’s set low to start with. You can increase the voltage as needed. Most oil cartridges are enjoyed best with a voltage between 3.3-3.8. From there, simply inhale slowly and exhale the vapor.
New to cannabis flower? Check out our guide to flower to learn more about it.
Why Choose a Reusable Vape Pen Over a Disposable Pen?
There are a variety of reasons why someone might choose a reusable vape pen over a disposable vape pen. These include:
- Customizable Experience: You can vape multiple strains and flavors with a reusable pen by simply swapping out a new cartridge or flower.
- Less Waste: Rather than throwing away a pen every time you’re finished with it, you can just reload the battery with new cannabis.
- Better Value: While more expensive upfront, reusable vape pens prove their value by lasting longer and offering more consumption options than a disposable pen..
That being said, if you’re a casual cannabis consumer on a limited budget, you may find that a disposable vape pen is much more suitable to your needs. It’s important to factor in what you need from your cannabis experience and then make the right choice for you.
How to Learn More about Marijuana Vape Pens
If you’re still wondering about marijuana vape pens, why not visit a visit a Verilife dispensary? We have cannabis experts on staff that can walk you through choosing the right vape pen and cannabis for you. You can also check out other ways to consume cannabis, ask questions, and learn more about the industry.
Recreational Cannabis is not available in all states. Cannabis is for medical use only and may only be used by certified patients in Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. State laws impact what dispensaries can and can’t sell to recreational customers and medical marijuana patients. Not every type of product, consumption method, dosage form, or potency mentioned on this blog will be permitted in all locations.